—Misuse of plastic bags can lead to chronic poisoning—
Plastic tableware can release toxic substances under certain circumstances, but since this is not obvious, they are often overlooked in everyday life. Many people carelessly use plastic products in life, such as using plastic bags to heat food in microwave ovens. It is not known if plastic bag is heat resistant and some toxins can easily be ingested.
In contrast to a quick reaction to food poisoning and other similar symptoms, plastic-exposed toxins are chronic poisoning. So far, not a single clinical case has been registered. However, prolonged misuse of plastic products will pose a threat to health of liver, kidneys and other organs.
- Misconceptions about use of plastic -
There is a phenomenon where non-food plastics are being used as food grade plastics by consumers. If these products are not used for food storage, it cannot be said that they are of poor quality, which creates a problem for regulatory authorities.
The best way to prevent harm is to start with manufacturing process, but management department cannot prevent so many plastic products from being put on market. Some regulations are only local regulations and do not have sufficient legal force. It is recommended that country adopt a law on plastic products so that management department can have more powers when it comes to supervision.
Although more and more companies are specifying label in factory instructions, it is still prone to problems due to lack of more detailed and convenient rules. For example, description of some products on label is simply attached to a piece of paper, and after consumer buys it home, label paper attached to package is thrown away. In most cases, even if there is a label on product, it does not indicate precautions for using it. Ordinary consumers do not have ability to distinguish between use of different products marked "1" to "7", and it is easy to cause misuse.
Misconception 1: Use soy sauce and vinegar in drink bottles
The habit of "reusing waste" in bottles of oil, salt, soy sauce and vinegar after drinking alcohol is found not only in restaurants and stalls, but also among many residents of house.
Colored beverage bottles are mainly made from materials such as polyethylene or polypropylene, with addition of various organic solvents. Polyethylene and polypropylene are non-toxic and tasteless, but once polyethylene is exposed to high temperature or acid corrosion, it slowly dissolves and releases organic solvents, which cause some harm to human body.
Misconception 2: Plain plastic cups filled with boiling water
Kettles, cups, feeding bottles and other products are mainly made of polycarbonate (PC). Regularly produced products do little harm to human body. However, during PC manufacturing process, if BPA contained in raw material is not completely converted to plastic, it will be released into food when heated. Bisphenol A is an endocrine disruptor that is harmful to body.
Third misunderstanding: Putting drinks in a private car
Some thrifty citizens are reluctant to change plastic drinking cups after purchasing them and only use them for two to three years. There are also many car owners who, for convenience of drinking, put half a box of mineral water in their car.
Under influence of sunlight or when stored for a long time in a hot and hot environment, plastic productsTeak is subject to material aging and emits some toxic substances. Drinking such water for a long time is harmful to body. Some PET bottles may deform when filled with hot liquids and release harmful substances.
— Plastic code —
Many plastic utensils are marked with a triangular arrow, and within triangle is a number between "1" and "7" to indicate application.
It is often used to make mineral water bottles, cola drink bottles, juice bottles, etc. Because it can only withstand heat up to 70°C, it is only suitable for cold and hot drinks.
— High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
Suitable for food and medicine, cleaning and bathing products, shopping bags, trash cans, etc.
—polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
Only suitable for cooling and preserving vegetables and fruits, not suitable for meat, cakes and other foods containing a lot of fat, and not suitable for heating in a microwave oven.
—Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
Plastic film and PE film, milk boxes, beverage boxes and other paper packaging boxes are used as inner film.
The resulting plastic box can be heated in microwave.
— polystyrene (PS)
It is often used in instant noodle packages and fast food boxes. If temperature is too high, it will release harmful substances, so it cannot be heated in a microwave oven, it cannot be used to store hot food, and it cannot hold strong acids (such as juice) and strong alkaline substances.
It is synthesized from bisphenol A and diphenyl carbonate and is often used to make teapots, cups and baby bottles. In process of making PC, original bisphenol A should completely become a plastic structural component and should not be released during use, but poor quality products cannot do this, and a small part of bisphenol A cannot be completely converted into plastic, and it will be damaged by heating, fall into into food. Harmful to children and fetus.
Fully degradable bamboo fiber bio-product environmental protection disposable tableware has characteristics of ecology, health, environmental protection, organic, fully degradable, and no pollution. (Source: Hainan Science Popularization)